Employment Law Open Forum at PAPEN
Attorney David Manes will be speaking at an Employment Law Open Forum hosted by the Pennsylvania Professional Employment Network (PAPEN). David will present war stories, cautionary tales, frequently asked questions, and free legal advice at this educational networking event. All PAPEN events are open to the public, so everyone is invited to attend. Come with any questions you may have about employment law issues. Topics will include:
- Non-Competition Agreements: What do they mean, when are they enforceable, and how can employees deal with them?
- Wage and Overtime Issues: When and how do employers violate overtime laws, and who is exempt?
- Wrongful Termination: When does employment termination cross the line, and how can employees stand up for their rights?
- Unemployment Compensation: What is the process, and when should employers and employees appear at an unemployment hearing?
- Severance Agreements: How can employees get the most when they separate from employment?
And most importantly, how to get professional legal help when you need it!
The event will be held on Monday, August 12, 2013, at 7pm. The PAPEN South Chapter meets at the Westminster Presbyterian Church by the South Hills Village. Event details are below:
PAPEN is a Pittsburgh-based networking organization that helps participants advance their careers. The group consists of 1,700 professionals, managers and executives committed to:
- Fostering networks of personal contacts and relationships.
- Providing an environment where Participants can develop and perfect their networking skills.
- Sharing career-related experiences, strategies, and knowledge.
- Uncovering career opportunities that may be of interest to other Participants.
PAPEN is an informal nonprofit organization that only exists to benefit its participants and the community. All funding comes from donations. The group started in 1992 as a networking organization for unemployed white collar workers, but today its focus is on career advancement for everyone, whether unemployed, underemployed, or employed and moving ahead. Today, most new participants come into PAPEN when they are unemployed or concerned about losing their jobs. When they find a new or better job, many of them stay involved because of the benefit PAPEN brings to their careers.
Most PAPEN participants work in professional, managerial, or technical fields, but no one is turned away. Most participants have ten or more years of experience, but some are students or recent graduates. All participants either live in the Pittsburgh area or are interested in moving here, and all participants believe in the power of networking. For more information about PAPEN, contact Ron Hart at (412) 874-1508.
David Manes is a Pittsburgh small business and employment law attorney, and a founding partner of Kraemer, Manes & Associates LLC. KM&A represents a large number of employees in almost every area of employment law. The firm assists clients with unemployment appeals, discrimination, FLSA, FMLA, severance agreements, non-competes, and much more.
David knows that employment law includes a huge number of topics, and many of those can be confusing. His goal is to provide free legal information to as many people as possible. When it comes to the law, employees are empowered when they know their rights and options. This presentation will answer the most important legal questions for employed and unemployed workers.